Prevent rats from invading your marijuana dispensary
“An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure” – Benjamin Franklin
One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to assume your medical marijuana dispensary in impenetrable. Rats are notorious for squeezing through the tiniest openings. And once they get in, you’re going to have a heck of a time getting them out.
Fortunately, there are a number of steps you can take to prevent these mischievous miscreants from threatening your crop and your livelihood:
- Repair damaged screens and get door sweeps put in.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your business, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the property.
- Make sure to store food in properly sealed containers and get rid of your garbage regularly.
- Keep your trash in containers with secure-fitting lids.
- Ensure that all your crawl spaces and attics are kept dry.
- Install new weather stripping around the basement foundation, doors, and windows.
- Remove sources of standing water, such as clogged drains or leaking pipes.
- Keep your landscape free of fallen debris and keep shrubbery and hedges away from your business.
Following these steps will go a long way in keeping rats out of your marijuana dispensary. But even the most well-planned rat prevention strategy is no guarantee against these clever critters.