Signs of Rats & Mice Pests
Finding signs of rats or mice around you home can be unsettling.
- Have you found mouse or rat droppings in your kitchen or basement?
- Can you hear scurrying noises in your attic or walls?
- Have you found gnaw marks on wires or food containers?
Solutions Pest Control provides quality rodent management solutions for all your mouse and rat problems. If you’ve got rodents in a crawlspace, attic, or garage, our trained professionals use the latest pest removal methods and approved products, helping you sleep better at night.
Rodents love houses. They provide warmth, shelter, safety, and plenty of access to food. When the temperative gets cold they will be looking for some shelter.
Rodents Reproduce Quickly
In the right environment, Rodents can breed quickly. If you see a Rodent or the tell-tail signs do not delay, you need to get this issue resolved quickly.
- Mouse Fact:
- Female house mice have an estrous cycle of about four to six days long. Once pregnant the gestation period is about 19–21 days, and they give birth to a litter on average six to eight pups. One female can have 5 to 10 litters per year, so the mouse population can increase very quickly. Breeding occurs throughout the year.
Rodent Control Is Important
Rats and mice cause anxiety and sometimes even fear for many people—and for good reasons. Rats and mice that have entered local properties tend to be disruptive; making a lot of noise and they are certainly uncomfortable to look at.
Rodents are also dangerous, as they
- carry disease,
- chew on electrical wires, and
- spread bacteria across your home through their droppings and bacteria left behind in their tracks.
Rodents are extremely resourceful critters, taking advantage of even the smallest crack or opening to access the warmth, shelter and food inside your home. Once inside, they can create structural damage to your property and expose you and your family dangerous diseases.
If you suspect that you have rodents in your home or business, Solutions Pest Control has a host of tried-and-true methods to get rid of your mouse and rat problem.
How to tell if you have a rat or mouse infestation?
These are the tell-tail signs of a rodent(s) in your home. If you notice any of these signs, call Solutions Pest Control.
Mice in the house:
- Rodent droppings can be found in drawers, cupboards and hidden areas, near food, and along rodent runways.
- Gnaw marks, generally on food packages or walls.
- Odour, usually a stale smell. If you have pets, their behaviour may change in response to this smell. If your cat or dog has recently become interested in an area that they didn’t bother with before, examine the area closely for other signs of infestation.
- Tracks and runways: smudge marks (left by grease and dirt on their bodies), footprints (especially apparent in dusty areas), urine stains, or droppings.
- Nests made of shredded cardboard, paper, fabric, or dried plant material.
- Scratching noises, especially at night.
Rats in the yard:
- Rat holes, often next to solid objects or structures like sheds.
- Gnaw marks on compost bins, wooden doors or decking.
- Nests made of shredded cardboard, paper, fabric, or dried plant material.
Identifing Your Rodent “House Guest”
The most common rodent control issues in found in Metro Vancouver and Whistler Sea to Sky corridor, involve one of the Rodents listed below. To help identify your unwelcome rodents, click on these links below, of just call Solutions Pest Control to arrange a property inspection.
- House Mouse,
- Deer Mouse,
- Roof Rat,
- Norway Rat, and
- Pack Rat (aka Furry Tailed Wood Rat).
Each of these rodents has unique characteristics that require different methods for proper eradication, including the use of traps, poison, and exclusion (preventing entry into your home). We will eliminate your rodent issue and help you to prevent another one from occurring.
Rodent Control Services for Mice and Rats
Solutions Pest Control offers unsurpassed rodent control services for homes and businesses. Our skilled and experienced technicians will thoroughly inspect all areas of your property, develop a safe and least intrusive solution and effectively eliminate your rodent problem.
Solutions To Your Pest Control Issues
Our team is ready to solve your pest issues, call Solutions Pest Control today at 1-855-858-9776. Or Schedule a Service Call Now!
Rodent Control Blog
We gathered the following, most recent Rodent Control posts from Solutions Pest Control’s – Bug Blog. These are topical posts we’ve written over the years about rodent pest issues in Metro Vancouver and Whistler Sea-to-Sky corridor area. If your neighbours had these issues in the past, they might be relevant to your concerns today.
What to Do If You Find Mouse Droppings in Your Kids’ Room?
Kids, both young and old alike, simply love visiting Mikey and Minnie at Disneyland—and who can blame them? These adorable characters [...]
Rat Control in Greater Vancouver
Spring finally here, the flowers blooming. All of us on the west coast heading back outdoors to our gardens and barbecues, [...]
5 Steps to find good Vancouver Pest Control Companies
Finding ants marching through your home, rodents foraging for food, or bed bugs nesting in your mattress can all be [...]
There is a great deal of information in our Bug Blog posts, perhaps one will address the pest issues you are experiencing today. Please have a look at our Bug Blog page and give us a call if we can answer any questions.
Monthly Pest Control Solutions – Key Takeaways
We offer a variety of pest control services reliably every month across from Squamish to Langley. View some of the service highlights to learn what popular critters you might find in Vancouver. We keep the pests away for good! Vancouver Pest Control issues can vary slightly depending on how close you are to water.
Vancouver Monthly Pest Control Services
Seeing the trend here? Another port city with easy access to garbage bins and warm dry shelter away from the consistently wet outdoor conditions that naturally occur in our region. Speak to the experts about monthly pest control services in your city. We service Squamish to Langley residents and businesses with great pest removal options! Learn more about monthly pest control services for commercial business owners, strata councils, home care providers, and restaurants.
Pest Removal Education Experts
Helping You Find A Solution to Bird Control On Your Property
Our knowledgeable pest experts are ready to answer your questions (during office hours). We are happy to talk to people and walk them through the steps to identify the pest issue and determine if a service call will give them peace of mind.
We will spend the extra time needed to educate you on the signs and characteristics of the most common pests.
Pest Control has as much to do with Education as it does with Eradication.
Jason Page, President of Solutions Pest Control
When you are tired of dealing with the mess and damage caused by birds on your property, it is time to call the experts of bird control in the lower mainland. Solutions Pest Control can help. Our team of bird control experts specializes in humane and effective bird control solutions to keep birds away from your commercial or residential property.
Our clients are our #1 priority. At Solutions Pest control, we will work with you to create a customized plan that is tailored to your specific needs. We know that every customer has different needs and goals, and we take the time to find out what those are before we begin any work. Once we have a solid understanding of what you are looking for, we can match you with the perfect bird control solution that fits your budget and schedule perfectly!