Most Common Rodent Pest in Metro Vancouver
The house mouse is the most common rodent pest in most parts of the world.
- Their fur can be light brown to black and average 2” in length.
- It can breed rapidly and adapt quickly to changing conditions.
- House mice can breed throughout the year and can share nests.
- The House mouse can live indoors and out.
- Nests indoors are usually established with 10 – 15’ from a food source.
- Mouse Fact:
- A mouse usually nests within 10-15’ from their chosen food source.
They do not require a constant water source, as they receive sufficient amounts through their food (preferably flours, cereals, pet food, seed products, etc…)
Microdroplets of mouse urine, feces and oil from their fur are used to communicate. To keep mice and other rodents out, make sure all holes of larger diameter than a pencil are sealed. Mice can squeeze through spaces as small as a nickel. Seal any cracks and voids. Don’t overlook proper drainage at the foundation and always install gutters or diverts which will channel water away from the building.
- Mouse Fact:
- Mice can squeeze through spaces as small as a nickel.
Solutions Pest Control
Pest Education Experts
Our knowledgeable pest detectives are ready to answer your questions (during office hours). We are happy to talk to people and walk them through the steps to identify the pest issue and determine if a service call will give them peace of mind.
We will spend will as much time as needed, to educate you on the signs and characteristics of the most common pests.