Bed Bug Heat Treatment
What is a Bed Bug Heat Treatment?
A Heat Treatment for Bedbugs is the extermination of a bed bug infestation using heat in place of traditional pesticides. The heat kills all stages from juvenile bed bugs to adults including the eggs by penetrating into all areas bed bugs hide, leaving no area safe for survival. It is a one-day service with 100% elimination guaranteed.
How does bed bug heat treatment work?
To kill bed bugs using heat, Solutions Pest Control brings the temperature up to the lethal zone (125-135 degrees; 52-65 degrees C) using specialized heating equipment. Once we have reached the Thermal Death Point (the temperature at which bedbugs die when exposed for a period of time), we hold it for a minimum 4 hour period and move the air creating a thermal effect (think convection oven). By holding the temperature for this time frame, it allows the heat to penetrate into deep into clothing, furniture, bedding, walls, ceilings and floors, and all other areas where bed bugs may live or run and hide.
What are the benefits?
- Far less preparation is required than other bed bug control methods.
- All bed bugs, and their eggs, are eliminated in a single visit. No additional visits, preparation & vacating periods required
- Bedbug heat treatments eliminate pesticide-resistant bed bugs.
- Very effective for high-clutter residences and large bed bug infestations.
- Heat Treatments for bed bugs are 100% non-toxic, pesticide and chemical-free.
- Penetrates deep into furniture, clothing, walls, floors, ceilings and all other areas where bed bugs hide & pesticides can’t reach.
- Kills the bed bugs within the problem area/unit, without driving them into neighbouring units.
- Won’t leave behind any visible residue or foul odour.
- Less disruptive and more efficient for residents and businesses.
- Comes with a Treatment Guarantee of up to 90 days*.
What can I expect upon my return to my home?
When you return home at the end of the day, after Solutions Pest Control has provided a heat treatment for bedbugs, the first thing you will notice is the temperature. The walls, furniture, bedding, etc… will continue to radiate the heat they have absorbed throughout the day.
The next thing you may notice is dead bed bugs. Some will be out in the open, some will remain hidden (a good vacuum will take care of this).
Lastly, and most importantly, you will notice no more bites. This will occur over the first few nights back in your bed bug-free home. Depending on when you were last bitten, you may still react to bites that occurred in the days leading up to bedbug heat treatment. This will come to pass very quickly (FYI – most people don’t see anything again).
Other Bed Bug Treatments that we offer:
Solutions Pest Control – Key Takeaways
Pest Education Experts
Ask Us Anything
Our knowledgeable pest detectives are ready to answer your questions (during office hours). We are happy to talk to people and walk them through the steps to identify the pest issue and determine if a service call will give them peace of mind.
We will spend the extra time needed to educate you on the signs and characteristics of the most common pests.
Pest Control has as much to do with Education as it does with Eradication.
Jason Page, President of Solutions Pest Control